Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Eat, Pray, Love




Just the name of this book I love, even though I don't pray. This book would have to be one of my all time favourites. I was totally hooked. I've always said that when I need a book, it calls me, and this one did. And I'm so happy it did! I have an added strength because of it.

I love the way Elizabeth Gilbert writes, she draws you into the story and you just can't wait to see what is going to happen. I would LOVE to do what she has done, a year long trip to find herself, to mediate, do yoga and meet wonderful people. To have the courage even do it alone would be my first step, actually doing it my second.

I wasn't sure how I would go with the way she referred to God alot, but she has an explanation in the front of the book, which put my mind at ease before I even started reading it, so that part really did not bother me too much. The rest of the book, fantastic, and I now have the sequel to it Committed next to my bed to start this week. I can't wait to find out how her story ends.

Its coming out in the cinemas in October with Julia Roberts playing Elizabeth. Which I am busting to see, however as usual, I hope the movie does not ruin the book. I do however love Julia Roberts as an actress and if its anything like Erin Brockovich then I'm sure I'm going to love it....

I would thouroughly recommend this book!!

1 comment:

  1. I did not know there was a sequel! My goodness I can't wait to read it because I loved Eat, Pray, Love. I agree that she writes very well and I appreciated the way she approached the topic of spirituality and that she made it her personal point of view. Hope you are having a good day :)

    ReplyDelete