Thursday, May 20, 2010

5 Minutes with Tarn



Facebook has a lot of pro's and con's, but used properly it can be a very useful advertising tool for people, like myself, who have a hobby and want it too be seen and heard of. Thats how I met Tarn.

I decided, this year that I was going to try to help people like myself. Who have a hobby that they're passionate about and earn a little money from it. My first one was Kristy at Little Princess Bows when I needed a maternity bow and a newborn beanie for props....
AND, this is also how I came to meet Tarn........She is designing my logo and blog banner for me. She has been so helpful, attentive and lightning fast!!

I asked Tarn if we could do a little 'interview' for my blog so that I could get to know her a little better and to let everyone know about her business and consider her if they need any designing done. She definitily gets 5 stars from me :)

We are in the final stages now of the logo that I like, so stay tuned it will be up soon......

Have a great weekend xx


......Introducing Tarn:


1. Explain yourself a litte:
My name is Sytarnya (pronounced Sit-arn-ya) Roebuck, I go by Tarn on Facebook as I figure it is easier for people to type and spell! I love my name and really don't like to shorten it, but this seems to work ok. I am 33 years old, I live in Brisbane Queeensland (love it here! been back for 6 years from Perth WA. I was born and bred ion Queensland though)/

I am married to a slighty-less-than-perfect (lol), but a wonderful man, Gordon (who happens to be 3 years my junior - shock horror) He's 30 this year - still a baby.

I have 2 beautiful boys: My eldest Tyran is almost 4 and is a bundle of beans, always on teh go from day dot. My youngest Jyden is 17 months going on 70 years - he is such a little 'old' man - he has definitely been here before.

2. When did you start your business Dragonfly Daze Designs?
I officially started my business (on Facebook) on the 29th March 2010, although I have been doing this sort of thing as favours for my friends and family for about a year or 2 now.

3. How did you come up with your business name?
I really love dragonflies - always have, so wanted something with Dragonfly and Design in the title. I didn't want just 'dragonfly design' as I thought it could be a little misleading - people might think I design dragonflies or something like that! I initially wanted "Dizzy Dragonfly Designs" - but when I typed it into facebook the name was already taken , being a cute kids clothes company. So I threw it over to my friends to help and my my friend Shari came up with Dragonfly Days Design - I then tweaked it a little as I liked the fell of the Daze as in 'in a daze' as that's how I feel most of the time with 2 active boys and not a lot of sleep!! And so Dragonfly Daze Design was born.

4. What are your other hobbies and interests?
I love to read crime thrillers- such as Harian Coben and the like, although I rarely get the time anymore. I also like to do other creative/crafty things. I like to paint - just abstract sort of things on canvas. I also like to sew, I am actually in the process of starting antoher facebook page called 'hoot and higgedy-piggledy' which will have my Hoot the Owl soft toys (which I had featured on my DDD page a while ago. I still get people asking me to make) plus a few other odds and ends....I love the beach, and 'quiet me time' - althought again, very rare now!

5. What inspires you?
Hmm, tough question! I often see people say their children inspire them, but that doesn't make sense to me! I love my boys with all of my heart, but don't look to them as an inspirational source. I think what inspires me is actually alone time, when I can think and be with my thoughts....that sounds very weird doesn't it? I'm also inspired trying to to find things and ways to make life easier for mums (for me and others)

6. What would be your perfect day?
A sleep in past 5:30am! Then breakfast in bed, walking out when I've finished and the house be spotless (no toys to pick up) Watching my boys play at the beach with the kits and the soccor ball. Then off for their nap (at the same time and then sleep for 2 hours) A massage, pedicure, maaybe try some clothes on without any boys running in and out of the other changerooms and stopping them crawling underneath the 'closed' doors! Flowwed by a long hot bath (I only have a shower at my house) with bubbles, wine and a great book. maybe a movie, then an early night - including an 8 hr full no wake-up sleep........Ahhh BLISS!!

Isn't it funny how much things change - if you'd ask me my perfect day abefore CHILDREN it would be a very different wish list!
Nice to meet you Tarn and I look forward to doing more work with you in the future. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment